Sunday, May 19, 2013

I am posting my victory tennis picture with Scott.  This picture taken at about 7AM by Clark on Tuesday May 7th.  Thanks to Scott's bad morning with many double faults I finally beat him.  I played well but he helped me out.  It takes a combination of me playing well and Scott playing poorly for me to win.   I have found that singles tennis is pretty good exercise,  especially since Scott knows how to place the ball and keeps me running back and forth.  I love the game.   The Saturday following the victory things went downhill fast for me from a fitness standpoint.  Somehow I ended up with what is diagnosed as back spasms.  It has been uncomfortable,  untimely,  frustating,  and inconvenient.  I am getting better finally but slowly.  My hearing is going bad too but I think the doctor told me back spasms are common for men in their 50s in the condition of someone in their 20s.   By the way,  I am thrilled at Carlie's marathon news and still waiting to hear if Lance made it back alive from his major hike.      Dad

No comments: